Friday, February 1, 2008

A post about cycling...for once

Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be about cycling, but I get distracted easily.

As I'm writing this, I am, apropos of the topic, clad head-to-toe in black spandex (or whatever they make Under Armour from) having completed a very brief ride around the neighborhood. I have not been riding to work except for one day this week, because the cold in this state this year has been brutal. But it was a decent ride tonight. Just enough to make me aware of how much I SHOULD be riding.

I have some new toys that I'll show off shortly. I put a NiteRider MiNewt2 headlight on my 'cross bike recently, along with a flashing LED tail light that's daylight visible. The MiNewt is hilarious...it's so bright, that when it's on the flashing setting, it makes street signs light up at about 100 yards. And the tail light should come with a seizure warning. The lights cost me about 200 clams, but if it makes you safer, it's worth it.

And I am officially a member of the club, as well. Meaning, I forked over another 60 fish this week for a USA Cycling racing license. Roller races and time trials for me, folks...no mass start events. Believe me, I know better.

On a much more aggravating note...I won an auction on eBay for a set of Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels last month and never got them. Turns out the guy took my money, and then had the balls to sell the wheels to ANOTHER guy, who also never got them. I've filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center which will hopefully show some results. I would publish the guy's name here, but just check out the eBay feedback, and you'll see what I mean. Asshole.

So I shall use that whopping income tax rebate check (yeah, right) to put my money where it should go, anyway: Bike World.

Spin easy friends.

No comments: