Friday, May 15, 2009

Welcome, Atheist Blogroll

As both of my readers can tell, I have a new link over on the right. It’s the Atheist Blogroll, and if you can’t figure out what that means, go back to Liberty University.

Anyway, my name is Paul, I’m a middle-aged skeptic from Ames, IA. I was a cradle Catholic who is every bit as nauseated by that particular cult as anyone in their right mind should be. I realized by the time I was in (Catholic) high school that I was having an awfully hard time rectifying all of the Church’s version of the truth with what my eyes and ears were telling me and how my mind was interpreting it. By the time I was a high school senior, I realized the Church was total bullshit. I quit for good four years later, having graduated from college. The two years I spent away from religion of any kind made me realize my life was no different, and I certainly didn’t miss the boring word-salad-sermons.

Subsequent years weren’t exactly rosy, but I won’t get into that. I have had more than one person equate atheism with personal dissatisfaction, to which I say simply, “Don’t confuse the issue.” And to those who wonder why atheists have to be so angry all the time, Greta Christina has the greatest explanation I’ve ever read as to why.

Welcome to Cycle Ninja. Fix yourself a drink, piss on the holy book of your choice, and be sure to tip the waitress.

No comments: