Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Atheist quiz

Via Abbie Smith of ERV. Check her out (her blog, guys, her blog...)

Q1. How would you define "atheism"?

The realization that religion doesn't make sense, so don't bother with it.

Q2. Was your upbringing religious? If so, what tradition?

Catholic

Q3. How would you describe "Intelligent Design", using only one word?

Dishonest.

Q4. What scientific endeavor really excites you?

All of the above. Seriously.

Q5. If you could change one thing about the "atheist community", what would it be and why?

I don't consider myself a part of any real "community," so I don't know how I would answer this.

Q6. If your child came up to you and said "I'm joining the clergy", what would be your first response?

To pull up every instance of Dan Savage's "Youth Pastor Watch". Then call him a fucking idiot.

Q7. What's your favorite theistic argument, and how do you usually refute it?

"Everything happens for a reason." I wanna barf every time I hear this. My counter: Who says?

Q8. What's your most "controversial" (as far as general attitudes amongst other atheists goes) viewpoint?

I truly don't know.

Q9. Of the "Four Horsemen" (Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens and Harris) who is your favourite, and why?

PZ Myers. Two words: acid wit.

Q10. If you could convince just one theistic person to abandon their beliefs, who would it be?

The Pope. The ultimate coup.

No comments: