Thursday, September 18, 2008

A political parable for McCain/Palin

I don't remember where I first read this, but I think the message is clear.

There was an Indian boy who was roaming the hills near his home. He came across a rattlesnake stuck in the crook of a tree limb, unable to free itself.

"Here, boy; come help get me down from this tree," said the snake.

"But you're a rattlesnake," said the boy, "how can I be sure you won't strike out at me?"

"I give you my word I will not," said the snake.

Whereupon the boy went over to the tree, gently worked the snake free of the fork in the tree limb, carried it to a nearby rock, and set it down easily.

Whereupon, the snake, in return, whipped its head around and struck the boy, sinking its fangs into his arm.

The boy cried out as the snake began to slither away, "But you promised!"

The snake looked back coolly.

"You knew what I was when you picked me up. You have no right to complain."

Vote.

No comments: